PART 1: MAYA COURSE
Francis Bitonri Studio's Modeling + 3D Printing Digital Textiles Part 1: Maya course is the first part to our online, tutorial-driven course. Through this series of eight video-tutorials, you will be led, step-by-step, through how to work with, edit and customize poly surfaces in Maya to fabricate textiles. This course is a precursor to the Part 2: Rhino Course.
The tutorials in this course are broken up into the following steps:
1. Intro to Maya Interface
2. Importing into Maya
3. Intro to Polysurface Modeling
4. Editing and articulating poly surfaces for textile fabrication- Part 1
5. Editing and articulating poly surfaces for textile fabrication - Part 2
6. Extruding and customizing poly surfaces
7. BlendShape and Animation for poly surfaces
8. Exporting from Maya
PART 2: RHINO COURSE
Francis Bitonti Studio's Modeling + 3D Printing Digital Textiles Online Course Part 2: Rhino is an online, tutorial-driven course. This series of seven video-tutorials is meant to follow Part 1: Maya. Through this series of tutorials, you will be led, step-by-step, through how to work with and customize surfaces using Rhino's "Paneling Tools" tool set.
Rhino Course Tutorials:
1. Intro to Rhino Interface
2. Importing into Rhino
3. Intro to Rhino Curve Surface Modeling
4. Rhino Unroll Surface
5. Intro to Paneling Tools - 2D
6. Customizing Paneling Tools - 3D
7. Exporting from Rhino
- While there is no previous knowledge of the computer programs required, it may be useful to familiarize yourself with the work space before beginning tutorials.
- To get the most benefit out of these tutorials, you should follow along in your own work space while watching.
- For best results, complete tutorial in order (Part 1: Maya, Part 2: Rhino).